21 May 2008

books and summer

This is not going to be a real post. This is more like a make-a-comment-if-you-ever-read-this post so that I know you people are out there. I have questions for you to answer.

I'm reading Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (again) and Paradise Lost by John Milton right now. Both will probably produce future posts here. My journal is full of thoughts about them.

1. How many of you have read Velvet Elvis

I would love for other people to have read it so that some real discussion can exist.

2. What is everyone reading right now and what do you hope to read during the summer?

I've got a lot of books on the list.

3. What new music have you picked up recently or what old music have you rediscovered?

I've been listening to Death Cab's new CD called Narrow Stairs, I recently discovered Band of Horses, and I've been enjoying old Caedmon's Call music and a lot of Radiohead.

I'll be in Greensboro starting tomorrow until probably Sunday night or Monday morning, so if you're in the Triad we'll have some coffee or something and talk about what we're learning.

Also, I love visitors in Raleigh. It's a cool city so come check it out.

I love you all immensely. Manchester won the Champion's League today so I am happy.

Live in peace.

4 comments:

demilu said...

i have read bits of velvet elvis and found little difference between it and blue like jazz idealistically. i could write a book full of my thoughts. let's chat.
musically, i think you'd like sondre lerche. i've been really into his music and rediscovering badly drawn boy as well. both are wonderfully catchy with clever lyrics. love it.

demilu said...

oh and also, did you know there's a place called cheesecakes by alex in downtown gboro where there's live jazz every friday? we have to go sometime! you're one of few people who would appreciate that with me.

Mollie said...

um LOVE band of horses.
and thanks for my comment, you always give the best advice/insight. MISS YA DUUDE!!!
:) if i come visit we will chat, simon and sylvia are so wonderful, you would be proud of the little babies..

Anonymous said...

I've actually been reading Velvet Elvis recently. Extremely casually, though, and slow. I just finished Donald Miller's Through Painted Deserts, and really enjoyed that. I just started Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and it's absolutely brilliant.
I've fallen back into listening to a lot of Peter Bjorn and John, and also Bonnie 'Prince' Billy. I'm really getting into Mute Math, as well.