24 January 2007

Planning

Planning life is overrated. I'm done with it. My life is unplanned mostly at this point. I like civil engineering, but I have no idea what I want to do with it. This is the first time that I haven't known what exact job with what exact company I want. It's fantastic. Why did I need to plan all that out anyway? God gets me where he wants me regardless of my plans. Now I'm planning days, not years. I focus on each day. I get my work done, and I figure out things that I can do to have some fun. I'm tired of thinking about what every single thing that I do means in the long run. I can't live like that, and I don't think I'm called to live like that. "The life I now live in the flesh I live through faith in the Son of God" (Gal. 2:20). I don't think I show much faith in Christ by trying to plan the rest of my life when I'm 20 years old. Life isn't a chess game; don't live like it. Every time I act, it does not need to go through a rigorous analysis. I can live a little, right? I mean, that's why Christ died. Now, I'm not saying don't have plans, but hold on to them loosely in the palm of you hand. Seek out joy. Just live your life. It's not a game, no one wins, and I'm not rewarded for my strategy. Only one thing matters and that is Christ. He's going to take care of me anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"
- Motgomery Gentry

Anonymous said...

you're right. and things are more beautiful in His hands than in mine. it only makes sense to submit my plans to One who knows more about them and even ME than i do. i hope that things are going well. i was glad to hear a good report from the show! and your blog is bookmarked in my favorites. so long...