01 February 2008

i want to get away

Browsing across the vast number of blogs and news websites which i read frequently, I ran across pictures of this house. (click on the pictures for a bigger version)







I have now spent almost a full month within the confines of a city of 2.5 million people which has a disappointing shortage of parks or outdoor space of any kind to be enjoyed. I'm beginning to need to get outdoors some, or at least to some place that has some relation to the outdoors (like a coffeeshop with big windows that look out over a grassy field). The English winter is not exactly conducive to outdoor activity, but being in the middle of a huge city means that none of the buildings even have any reference to the outdoors in their design. If there are windows they overlook a busy street. Also, my flatmates are particularly noisy and annoying and make it hard to concentrate when I'm in my room.

These are the reasons that this house caught my particular attention right now. I would so love to spend a couple weeks in such a gorgeous landscape in a building designed to bring the outdoors to you. There is no escaping the breathtaking landscape when you are inside this house. I was thinking about getting out of town for a few days this coming week, but I've been slapped with an oral presentation and a 1500 word essay due on Thursday and Friday respectively.

So all you American readers, enjoy the outdoors. Even if all that means is sitting inside and looking at the grass out the window.

1 comment:

Liz Hundley said...

where IS that place? i want to be there now, too! but i'll go run outside tomorrow and enjoy it for you. i hope you find some green space soon. :)